Chocolate Coffee Mousse is one of those desserts that you just cannot get enough of. It is the perfect dessert for any season of the year, but my favourite time to enjoy these desserts are in the fall.
This recipe is super simple — with only four ingredients. The best part is that each bite is filled with coffee goodness! It’s a great recipe to use some of your Blue Coffee Box coffee with.
Making the Chocolate Mousse
To make the chocolate mousse, you really only need 4 ingredients — coffee, chocolate chips, heavy whipping cream, and vanilla flavoring.
- 1 cup good quality chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tablespoons fresh brewed coffee
- Melt the chocolate chips in a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water, making sure to stir just until melted. Add the coffee and stir until combined.
- Remove from the stove and then let it cool for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream just until soft peaks form. Beat in the vanilla.
- Now, add in the chocolate and coffee mixture and gently blend together using a spatula. Turn gently so as not to break up the whipped cream.
- Pipe or spoon into serving dishes. Serve immediately or chill for a firmer set chocolate mousse.
The fun thing about chocolate mousse is that you can add so many additions to the top! You can add fresh cream and various fruits.
One of my favourite toppings is dusted with cocoa powder or shaved chocolate. Another addition you can add is chocolate covered coffee beans — or even fine ground coffee for an extra added punch of chocolate.
What is your favourite coffee/chocolate dish that you just cannot get enough of?