Chapter Coffee, an independent coffee roastery based in the heart of West Kensington and co-founded by Vinny and George, is taking artisan coffee roasting to the next level.
Vinny’s passion for coffee roasting started from the age of nine on his papa’s roastery in Brazil. He spent most of his childhood picking up coffee cultivation knowledge down to every perfect detail.
George’s background in the bakery industry within sales and marketing meant he was well equipped for a career in the coffee industry.
George set out on a mission to find the perfect cup of coffee for the sweet treats he was working with. As soon as he was introduced to Vinny, he realised Vinny’s coffee was the perfect match that he had been looking for over the years.
Now knowing how to deliver the best product to their customers, the pair joined forces and brought their passion for coffee together, merging British and Brazilian heritage.
Chapter Coffee carefully sources all of their beans and work directly with trade farmers and co-operatives across the world, who share their same passions.
They roast by hand in small batches to ensure quality consistency and maximum flavour.
Because they care so much about their coffee, they have won 3 Taste awards with a single origin taking the highest accolade of 3 stars.
Their accolades are. —
GOLDING COFFEE – 3 STARS, GREAT TASTE 2017
- “Aromas of Christmas pudding, which come through on the palate. Cinnamon, cumin, clove.”
- “Seriously berry-juicy.”
- “Flavour evolves with each sip.”
- “Complex and interesting.”
- “A warming, citrussy lime flavour to this espresso with a clean, lingering finish in complete balance of sweetness and acidity.”
SHAKESPEARE – 1 STAR, GREAT TASTE 2017
- “Extremely bright, zingy start.”
- “Great length and acidity.”
- “Floral notes on the nose carry through to the end, which has a pleasant fruit-driven finish.”
CHRISTIE – 1 STAR, GREAT TASTE 2017
- “On the palate this offered depth; a hint of liquorice and spice all pleasantly balanced.”
Blue Coffee Box is featuring two of its iconic blends this month in our subscription box.
To learn more about Chapter Coffee, be sure and visit their website. Follow along on Facebook to find out what they are roasting next. You can also keep up with them on Instagram as well.
Leave a Reply