Coffee and desserts go hand in hand, so if you love drinking coffee in the morning, you will definitely want to make a batch of these coffee flavoured muffins to go with your morning cup. They are flavoured with one of the coffees from my Blue Coffee Box subscription.
Be sure to snag your own Blue Coffee Box each month so you can make fun coffee recipes like the one below.
How to Make Coffee Flavoured Muffins
- 250g plain flour (2 cups all-purpose flour)
- 75g caster sugar (1/3 cup sugar)
- 75g dark brown soft sugar (1/3 cup brown sugar)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 teaspoons of fresh ground coffee
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 175g chocolate chips (optional) (1 cup chocolate chips)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 225ml milk (3/4 cup milk)
- 110ml vegetable oil (1/4 cup oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / Gas 5. Grease a muffin tin, or line with paper cases.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking powder, coffee granules, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the egg, milk, oil, and vanilla. Fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture until just moistened – do not overmix! Fill prepared muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from tin to wire racks.
The fresh ground coffee in these muffins really stands out. If you don’t overmix, they come out super moist and so delicious. Each muffin packs a punch of pure coffee flavour.
See all those beautiful specks of fresh ground coffee? You can whip up a batch of these in the morning before heading to work and your co-workers will be over the moon excited for your latest coffee flavoured recipe.
Want to see more recipes like these? Visit our recipe section where you will find delicious desserts and more.