Did you know that brownies are a great idea for breakfast? Well — not just any brownies! But — if you turned them into espresso brownies, you can have breakfast and dessert all at the same time!
These brownies are soft and fudgy and loaded with delicious and indulgent chocolate and coffee
These Espresso Brownies are the ultimate when it comes to brownie recipes. They’re gooey and dense, but still quite soft and spongy.
The best part is that they are loaded down with amazing coffee flavour (especially if the coffee comes from our Blue Coffee Box)!
Choosing the Right Coffee
If you are using supermarket coffee to make these, the
You need to choose the perfect coffee because that coffee
You want to make sure to choose a premium-quality coffee that has a mild
How to Make Espresso Brownies
- 160gr unsalted butter
- 150gr 70% dark chocolate
- 210gr caster sugar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 50gr unsweetened cocoa powder
- 60gr ground premium-quality coffee (ground fine for espresso)
- 100gr all-purpose flour
- 50gr dark chocolate chips
- chopped nuts (
amountis up to you)
- a pinch of sea salt flakes
- Preheat the oven to 175C/350F.
- Take a 9×13 inch pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter and 150gr of chopped dark chocolate. Melt for 30 seconds, give it a whisk, then melt for another 10 seconds, until fully smooth and combined.
- Immediately stir in the sugar, vanilla extract, and honey, and whisk until fully combined,
- Stir in the eggs and mix well with a wooden spoon or whisk.
- Add in the flour, cocoa powder, ground coffee, chopped nuts, chocolate chips and a pinch of salt, and give it a quick mix, until all ingredients are combined.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake for 30 min, then insert a toothpick into the center of the pan. If it comes out wet, the brownies are not done, if it’s just slightly wet, the brownies are done.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack, then cut into squares and serve.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
I personally love the depth that the coffee brings to these brownies.
In that case, feel free to omit the coffee specified within the ingredients.
Leave a Reply