When you think of coffee flavours, strawberry and peanut butter are not the first things that come to mind. But if you are drinking a cup of Fazenda Conquista — that is what you will get, and friends, let me tell you — this coffee profile is one you will not want to miss this month in your Blue Coffee Box subscription.
The Fazenda Conquista coffee blend is grown and harvested on a farm in Brazil. Fazenda Conquista was established in 1910 and has always been one of the main producers in the Illicinea region.
Initially founded by Mr. Juca de Oliveira it is who was always challenging the way he grew coffee to improve and change. Now the farm is run by his great-grandson Bruno Menali Oliveira who gave up his work as a lawyer to farm coffee.
Flavour Profile of Fazenda Conquista
They have 8 staff on the farm to help with the harvest and maintain the medium sized estate during the year. They are able to harvest 30% of the farm mechanically and the remaining 70% manually due to the geography.
Once the Yellow Catuai coffee bean is harvested from the trees it is then laid out on patio’s in the natural sun for 7 days until it reaches 15% moisture. From here it is then transferred to a mechanical drier for 3 days until the desired 11 % moisture is reached.
Coffee Grown in Brazil
Brazil is South America’s most influential and economically powerful country and one of the world’s largest economies. It also produces over a third of the world’s coffee, with over 5 million people in the country employed in the cultivation or harvest of over 3 billion coffee plants.
The strength or weakness of the global coffee market is largely governed by what happens in Brazil, such is the size of its yearly harvest. El Nino – the weather system that dictates climatic conditions in the country during the summer months – also has a major impact on the coffee futures market.
Campbell and Syme Roasters
It’s roasters like Joe Syme and his mum Patricia of Campbell and Syme that have one main focus in mind – to serve specialty coffee roasted (like the Fazenda Conquista) to bring out its best qualities.
This month, they have worked especially hard with their team to provide the best-roasted speciality coffees for Blue Coffee Box.
Together with their team of 8 dedicated, passionate and unique people, they work tirelessly to roast and serve the best coffee possible. Their approach to providing these types of roasted coffees comes in the form of teaching workshops that provide the best roasting techinques out there, and this month, they are sharing them with all of you!
Leave a Reply