Monsoon Estates is a traditional craft coffee roastery based near Stratford upon Avon, where they hand roasting small batches of coffee in a relentless quest to find the perfect cup of coffee.
According to Anne and Chris, “We know it’s not possible of course, but it’s a journey of discovery and we’re always getting closer”.
They have a great sense of humour when it comes to their coffee business and sharing their love of the bean with others is what it all comes down to.
How it All Started
Chris (aka Mr.Monsoon) and his wife Anne, developed their love of good coffee whilst living in Europe and later in Australia. On their return to the UK they struggled to find anything that met their high standards, and after trying lots of different types of coffee from supermarkets and speciality suppliers, they started roasting their own.
Chris bought their very first Toper roasting machine from Turkey and from that, they took off making their own roasted coffee.
On request from a friend, they took their coffee to a charity sale and after receiving an enthusiastic reception, the idea of selling coffee as a business took place in their hearts. They attended many events that allowed them to sell their coffees, but as they have grown, the time to be able to do that has gotten less and less.
The Ethics Behind Monsoon Estates Coffee Company
Like many of they other speciality coffee companies we have introduced you to, Monsoon Estates Coffee Company runs their business on honesty, integrity, and have been able to maintain their standards whilst increasing the number of beans that they roast.
Their ethics and the way that they roast is the reason for all the awards and stars that they have won over the years.
- 2012 – Nicaraguan Maragogype 1 star
- 2013 – Ethiopian Yirgacheffe 1 star
- 2014 – Vernal Vibe 1 star
- 2014 – Ethiopian Yirgacheffe 2 star
- 2014 – Espresso blend 2 star
- 2014 – Papua New Guinea blend 1 star
- 2015 – Organic Ethiopian Yirgacheffe 1 star
- 2015 – Papua New Guinea Enorga 1 star
- 2015 – Daterra Bourbon Collection 1 star
- 2015 – Daterra Sweet Collection 1 star
- 2016 – Monsoon Espresso 3 star
- 2016 – Winter Blend 2 star
- 2017 – Colombian Honey Process 2 star
- 2017 – Swiss Water Decaf Brazil 1 Star
- 2017 – Ethopian Dumerso 1 Star
- 2017 – Vernal Vibe 1 Star
- 2018 – Ethiopian Sahlaitu 3 star
- 2018 – Ethiopian Sidamo Shakisso 2 star
- 2018 – Ethiopian Hama 2 star
- 2018 – Guatemalan Guayaba 2 star
- 2018 – Monsoon Espresso 2 star
- 2018 – Espresso Decaf 2 star
What You Will Find Inside at Monsoon Estates Coffee Company
While they roast a lot of coffee, the company’s website is a key sales and marketing tool. They use it to promote events and for online sales to shipping coffee all over the UK and internationally.
In 2017, they installed a second Probat roaster to help keep all of their customers in coffee. Their team not only consists of Chris and Ann but also Ailie, Jonny, Diane, Siena, and Lynn.
They help to make sure your orders get to you on time and that allows Ann and Chris to be able to devote their time and attention to the roasting.
They offer a wholesale price list, and if your team needs training, they also offer support and barista training.
They ship coffee to the UK and internationally. Be sure and check them out. You can find them on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
Blue Coffee Box is featuring their Sierra Nevada, a Colombian Coffee with Hints of Caramel Chocolate and Hazelnut. We also have the Hama Natural Ethiopian Coffee with Notes of Floral Winy and Fruity.
Leave a Reply